09 December 2009

Facebook iPhone App

I had a bit of a panic this morning, went to fire up the Facebook app on my iPhone and as soon as it had updated my news feed it exited. Not good! This continued a few times, even with force quitting the app and restarting the phone.

Luckily the next step in the iPhone app trouble shooting routine worked, the good old uninstall and reinstall! This also had the added bonus ofspeeding up the app, where before any status comments etc locked up the app for about 90 seconds, after the reinstall these actions were almost instant, just as they should be! I think there must be some sort of caching issue in Facebook's code, as this had been present in all of the releases since v3.0 of the Facebook app, hopefully they can do a v3.1 release with w fix implented (and maybe background notifications too?).

My advice to anyone that is experiencing the slowing down is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

No comments:

Post a Comment